Thursday 21 June 2012

Two pink lines...




Two pink lines.

They mean so much.

In my case they spelt out ten weeks of constant nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite and an overwhelming sense of feeling sorry for myself.

Yes, I am pregnant!

It was with palpable excitement in early April that I lay in bed and watched the look of pure joy on my husbands face as I told him of our great news.

To be completely and utterly honest, until now, that was the ONLY time I have been excited during these last three months.

Being sick sure does know how to impede a party.

It hit me hard. I found myself buried under a sea of blankets as I tried not to move, lest the little that I managed to eat during dinner found its way out again.

I couldn’t write posts for my blog. I couldn’t enjoy anyone else’s. My son suffered, as I couldn’t give him the best of me.

I was so tired. Like a bear hibernating for the winter, I wanted to close my eyes and wake up smiling, already in my second trimester.

I kept telling myself to be grateful. Miscarriage is such a common occurrence that I should count my lucky stars all was going well. Feeling sick was a good sign, surely?

Hello in there!


Again, like my first pregnancy, almost overnight, nausea and exhaustion were replaced with nursery decorating ideas and a desire to spring clean. Names are now circulating through the recesses of my head and I’m starting to enjoy my swollen belly as it ceases hiding its secret within.

Due on the 27th December, my fingers are crossed that we’ll have a bigger family and be home in time for Christmas.

What a precious gift!


12 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:19 pm

    Congratulations to you and yr little family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melissa, this is such exciting news! I'm glad you're feeling better now. There's nothing quite like early pregnancy sickness. Ooh and a Christmas baby - what an even more special time of year it will be for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca! Yes, I was so over the sickness, it seemed to go on forever!
      My fingers and toes are crossed that we'll all be home for Christmas.
      X

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:00 pm

    WOWOWOWWOWOW, How EXCITING!!!! Congatulations Mel, thats such wonderful news! I hear you about the morning sickness, it really is all consuming. Your so right though, what a blessing and such an amazing time for you. Lots of love for a glowing rest of your pregnancy. Pip Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for being excited for me Pip! I'm starting to get excited now that the morning sickness is gone. You're right though, when you're in the middle of it you can't concentrate on anything else, much less feel excited.
      Hope all is going really well with you and your gorgeous family.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:43 pm

    Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news :) Sarah (and Lauren)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah!
      Max and I are moving up a class next term so hopefully we might see you guys again!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations. May you have a spew friendly pregnancy :-)

    all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tork! All is well again! No more eruptions!

      Delete
  6. Congrats, that is fabulous news. I remember that feeling that you're never going to come out the other end. And your son he is no doubt doing just fine, it's a small sacrific. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. If I can just shake this flu all will be perfect again! Thanks for your congratulations!

      Delete