Tuesday 19 June 2012

My day out with a gorgeous male (and it wasn't my husband!)


Glorious Melbourne sunshine!


One of my last posts had me reflecting on a past life that I often miss. You know that single life where you can do anything, go anywhere, whenever you like?

Well last week I took a trip with my son to Melbourne, my old stomping ground. I caught up with my lovely sister and her two little boys, and was able to catch up with friends I haven’t seen in years. It was brilliant.

One of the highlights of my trip left me smiling ear to ear for days afterwards.

As a day out, I took my son Max into town on the train. We strolled through Bourke Street, had a hot chocolate and a baby chino at Koko Black (with accompanying chocolate teddy on a stick), spent forty glorious minutes wandering the Myer toy department, caught up with a lovely old friend who had yet to meet Max, and then whilst my little angel slept in the pram I wandered the banks of the Yarra in the glorious Melbourne sunshine.

It was such a beautiful day. 

With my favourite little person.

In my life before kids I would have been stuck at work that day. Perhaps I might have dressed up that evening only to wander from bar to bar with my friends, trying to find “Mr. Right”, wishing I were at home in my track pants with a glass of wine and a good movie.

How my life has changed. And I am so much happier for it!


4 comments:

  1. Its always great to take a break from the everyday house thing and catch up with family and friends. Especially if you don't see each other often Sounds like you and your little man had a lovely time in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes it was wonderful, especially to get out of the everyday routine and enjoy some treats with my favourite little man.

      Delete
  2. Melbourne is lovely in winter... when the sun is shining. so glad to hear you had a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy,
      Yes I absolutely LOVE Melbourne and miss it terribly, so it was so lovely to head into town on such a lovely day.
      Enjoy the coming weekend!

      Delete