Thursday 26 April 2012

6 secrets your husband doesn’t want you to know




I thought I would share some sneaky things my husband tries to keep from me. I don’t think he realizes just how finely tuned our female intuition is when it comes to hiding things from us.

Do you recognize any of these “secrets”?



  • No, that was not the dog’s bottom that just emitted the foulest, eye watering, deathly wind. It was your husband.


  • He knows where that so and so is. He just asked you where it was in the hope that you would go and get it for him.


  • That silent pause, just before his answer to your question, was his way of coming up with an answer you’d like to hear. It’s not really what he was first thinking.


  • Those two beers he’s having with his mate down at the local pub, is really four beers, plus maybe a couple more. But who’s counting?


  • The reason why you have a dwindling supply of cutlery is because he’s taking the forks and spoons to work with lunch, and forgetting to bring them home.


  • On a serious note- he is actually scared out of his mind of failing his family. As has been for thousands of years, his “Hunter” instincts add fire to his fear of financial insecurity. He wants to provide for his family but is so worried that he will let us down. (This is one of the reasons I'm so in love with my husband)



What secrets does YOUR husband think he's keeping from you?




8 comments:

  1. "Those two beers he’s having with his mate down at the local pub, is really four beers, plus maybe a couple more. But who’s counting?"

    That one rings true for me!

    What my hubby says is "I have had two beers, so I am just finishing off my third and will be heading home in about 5 minutes" that really means "I have a beer in front of me, my mate who I am with has just gone to the bar as it is his shout, so I will have to drink that beer, then I have to return the favour and buy him a beer, and since he can't drink alone so I will have to have a beer too!"

    Funny creatures men are! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true! I don't care how many he has, as long as he sleeps in the spare room because I know he's going to snore!

      Delete
  2. Number 2 - I KNEW IT!
    The last one - definitely
    Couple more: won't admit to it when finds other women attractive; secretly thinks wife is over-reacting on importance of myriad number of things she does looking after children's well-being; doesn't know much more about car maintenance than me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jackie! I've come to terms with the whole sneaking a peek at other women. I think it's just in their nature. I just know he adores me and that's good enough for me! Just as I adore him!
      And yep, I'm better on the tools that my husband!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4:50 am

    Alot of times when he's sitting in the recliner all day, it's because he's hungover and does not want to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, what you'd really like to know us husbands are hiding from you wives :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Tork, it's a funny thing. We already DO know what you are hiding from us. We just chose to pretend that we don't. We allow you to think for just a moment that you have an upper hand, when in actual fact, you don't!

      Delete